Monday, February 15, 2010

Yes, I am the ultimate geek - and I think I'm quite alone with this signed photo...



So who the hell is this? Well, he's one a famous actor in Poland and his name is know to the international audience as Christopher Kohlberg - at least for one year or so in the middle of the eighties. In Poland he's Krzysztof Kolberger.

I think is a amazing actor, cool, handsome and talented and he had the pleasure to be the hero in Mats Helge's The Ninja Mission!!! That's something, and I've always dreamed about having something signed by him. Another genre-movie you should check out is Klatwa doliny wezy from 1987, I reviewed it here - the Polish Indiana Jones! I love it!

With the help of his lovely daughter Julia he sent me a signed photo, and I'm grateful for that! Thanks Julia and I hope you all envy me know! ;)


5 comments:

Patryk said...

I'm always excited when I read that someone outside Poland appreciate Polish filmmakers but I would never expect I will read that Krzysztof Kolberger is famous actor. He is supposed to be one from the top but if you ask me how does he look like or what movies did he play, I will have to check on the net first. But maybe that's only my ignorance in regard to Polish cinema. I've never heard before that Klątwa doliny węży may be taken as Polish Indiana Jones too, so now I think I will add it to my must-see list :) Great job with this blog, I'm looking forward to new posts!

Ninja Dixon said...

Patryk: Haha, maybe he's not THE most famous, but he's a wellknown actor at least - and I like him a lot. Klątwa doliny węży is a cool little movie, with exotic location (it's shot in Vietnam or Laos I guess) and a cool script. And I love Polish cinema, especially the little older movies, from the seventies and eighties. Right now I'm watching some Piotr Szulkin-flicks and also a crime-series from the seventies.
Thank you for reading Patryk, and welcome back!

Anonymous said...

That crime-series from the seventies sounds interesting. Whats the name of it and where can i find it?

Fred Anderson said...

It's "07 zgłoś się" and I bought a box with every season at merlin.pl. But now I can't find that box there, just separate DVDs. But check around and you'll probably find it there or somewhere else.

It's a good show with some great actors.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Will check that page.