Sunday, February 21, 2010

We'll see...

I don't know why, but I feel completely empty when it comes to blogging for the moment. I haven't been able to read other peoples blogs, and have a very hard time writing stuff myself. It's not that I've been away from movies, but what I've seen is not really fitting for Ninja Dixon. 2012 is a fun disaster movie, D-War could have been something to write about but I just didn't feel for it. I could have recommended Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (I watched three episodes today) or maybe a few words about Wilson Yip's almost excellent Flashpoint - I have to say that Donnie Yen (age 46 now!) still kicks ass and that the endfight of this movie was marvelous. We also watched Martin Campbell's own remake of Edge of Darkness. Very violent and gory, and perfect acting from everyone - but really, who cares to read about these movies? 

Tomorrow I will meet an actress from Altin çocuk, which will light up my day I hope. It's always nice to meet a part of the cult film history. We have a "date" at a nice café in Kungsholmen and she will get the new DVD and of course she will sign my copy too. But I hope to write a review too, about some movie no one else bothers to write reviews about. I have Hostages, Rene Cardona Jr's old action-flick with Hugo Stiglitz here - but we'll see if I feel to watch it. 

2 comments:

dfordoom said...

I go through phases of being disillusioned with blogging, and with the internet in general. Then suddenly I get all excited by it again.

Jack J said...

Haha, I think I've closed down my Lejemorder blog three times and said "to hell with you bumholes". Every time I get a few regular readers I close the blog. Haha. But seriously, everything goes in circles. The danger is to delute yourself into thinking you're over something, or that you don't like it any more, when in fact it's just a phase.