Friday, July 16, 2010

Latest VCD's from Thailand

Two months ago, I think, I found a cool site in Thailand. They had a lot of cool movies, hard-to-find VCD's. So after a lot of difficulties (the whole site is in Thai, so I had to navigate with the help of Google Translate) I made an order - and nothing happen. I emailed them. Nothing.

Finally a friend in Thailand called them and they say they emailed me about it - fuck yeah - so we decided that they should send the VCD's to her. Nothing happen. She called back to them, furious of course, and now they told us that they didn't had what I wanted...

By this time I just said "Fuck them" and decided to don't waste my time any more. But my friend continued to fight with them, and today - two months later - these VCD's finally arrived. It was only one of them I really wanted, but I guess the other three looks cool too :)






The last one is 1-2-3 Monster Express, one of the biggest blockbusters in Thailand during the seventies. The first one I bought because I own it on a Swedish betamax-tape, see below, and I always wanted to see it :) All four movies stars the great Sorapong Chatree by the way.


12 comments:

Scumbalina said...

AWESOME! Those look like a blast. How long does it usually take for something to arrive from Thailand?

Ninja Dixon said...

Yeah, they are cooool :)

It usually goes quite fast, a couple of days to Sweden. But this was the only time, so far, I had problem with a Thai-store.

Anonymous said...

That isn't the site your recommended a few blogs back is it?

Ninja Dixon said...

Eh... no. If I had problems with them for two months I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I won't even link to their site here because I don't want to bring them more customers.

Jack J said...

Congrats with the VCDs. Hopefully you'll get someone to copy the Betamax tape for you some day. I've got a couple of tapes from the same line.

vaultkeeper said...

What is the names of these movies?(in Latin letters)

Ninja Dixon said...

Vaultkeeper: I have no idea :) If you search for 1 2 3 Monster Express you will probably find the original title both with Thai and latin letters. But the others... sorry :)

CiNEZiLLA said...

Hillarious! Ain't it a blast that the VCD of supposed moderntimes uses the same coverart as that old Beta tape from the past... That's what you get from great artwork!

Glad that your VCD's finally arrived.

:)
J

Ninja Dixon said...

J, also notice that the Swedish beta-cover is "mirrored"! Which of course means the swedish distributor either didn't or couldn't see that the Thai letters was totally wrong.

Jack J said...

In regards to the titles: The top film, which Fred also has on Beta, is called "Deadly Hunt" but I should point out this is only a title the Swedish video company came up with. Just like their release of "Guts of Ghost Eater" which is really called KRASUE SAO.

http://enlejemordersertilbage.blogspot.com/2009/01/ghost-of-guts-eater-thailand-1973.html


J

Jack J said...

...and needless to say the film is called "Ghost of Guts Eater", not *Guts of Ghost Eater*. Oops. HAHAHA.

CiNEZiLLA said...

LOLZ, that's hillarious. Most likely back then they'd say Fuckit nobody know Thai here anyways - if they even where aware of the flip - I'm sure they wouldn't make the same mistake thesedays...

Fun stuff.