Saturday, March 31, 2012

The Mighty Lazenby

First of all, sorry for being so lazy with writing reviews. But I promise you, my job takes a lot of time and when I get home I rather sit and talk with G than watch a movie. Don't worry, it's just a phase.

What's not a phase is my love for George Lazenby. Not only did he participate in one of the best James Bond-movies ever, he's also a criminally underrated actor. Today I had the pleasure to meet him at the Scandinavian Sci-Fi, Game & Film Convention in Göteborg and what a gentleman he is. A dry sense of humor and a very friendly attitude to his fans. Because I'm a geek I had to take a photo of him, a photo he later signed for me:


This is why I want to recommend you some review I've written earlier related to Lazenby. For example the masterpiece, one of the best giallos ever made, Who Saw Her Die? I've also written three texts about his trilogy of Golden Harvest productions: The Man from Hong Kong, Stoner and A Queen's Ransom. The first one is an action masterpiece, the second one is very cool and the third one just OK - but Lazenby is always worth watching.

Please don't give up on me. I will return to form sooner or later :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well....you are alive...that´s good....also you could write more then just reviews ya´know....some essay about film, your personal reflections etc....

The Man from Hong Kong was mentioned in "Not Quite Hollywood: The Wild, Untold Story of Ozploitation!" (2008)......they almost burned Lazenby with their pyrotechnique...hahahhah...poor George...

Ninja Dixon said...

Yeah, Lazenby mention that - he said he was really stupid doing that :)

Anonymous said...

Ninja: Yeah...I remember him being pretty upset about on the doc too.....who can blame him.

Hey, ninja how about some swedish exploitation soon huh..?

I would love that...