Sunday, April 4, 2010

Uwe Boll making Auschwitz-movie?

"foto from my new movie foto from my new movie auschwitz what i shot parallel to my bloodrayne-the third reich ....its in the tradition of my movies stoic, darfur, rampage, tunnelrats, heart of america...it shows auschwitz as this what it was: a meatplant for humans...a death factory"

This is interesting, if it's not a joke. We few who actually dare to look beyond House of the Dead knows that Uwe has an amazing talent for very hard, brutal and honest movies. Seed, Tunnel Rats and Stoic for example. I've heard good stuff about Rampage too. Uwe seem to like to mix popcorn-movies with heavier stuff, and is not ashamed of that.

During the shooting of Postal he shot Seed, and now when he's making BloodRayne 3 he's making a movie he calls "Auschwitz". BR3 is also set during WW2, so like good old Corman, he's probably using the sets, people and props to make another movie at the same time. To save money.

This also reminds me, before the glory days of internet, how there was people who was upset with Spielberg doing a holocaust-themed movie. I remember how even some people mentioned 1941, and how a director like Spielberg could dare do a serious movie like Shindler's List. Yes, it's true. But I guess everyone forgot about that now ;)

I guess this will upset some people out there, so it will be fun to read the reactions. And by the way, I enjoyed House of the Dead a lot :)

7 comments:

Alex B. said...

I did get a kick out of House of the Dead film, but didn't follow Boll's caree after that

Ninja Dixon said...

I like everything so far (maybe not Bloodrayne 2, because it was quite weak) and especially because he makes something dark and depressing one day, and shoots a corny popcorn-movie the next.

Seed, Stoic and Tunnel Rats is very raw movies, very dark and don't give you that happy silly feeling that comes with Bloodrayne 2, Alone in the dark or even Far Cry.

Thomas Duke said...

I hope that's going to be the poster, and he titles it "Schindler's List 2"...hopefully I will be seeing Rampage soon. Viva Uwe!

Uwe Boll Sucks said...

Come on you guys this is one of the worst film directors in history, how can anyone consider it a good thing that a fool like him is making a movie about something horrible and important as the hollocaust.

Anonymous said...

Hollocaust? It's holocaust, you twat.

kut marokkanen said...

damn, Uwe has never made a good movie, only stupid game-movies. they suck, he sucks!

Ninja Dixon said...

kut marokkanen: what do you think about his non-game movies like Tunnel Rats, Stoic, Seed and Rampage?